November 6, 2014
Put the Environment FIRST
Cortechs Robotics looks to embrace sustainability head-on. Our organization realizes the precarious state that our environment is in. As a team of 11 intelligent students, it is our societal responsibility to do something about it.
Our organization has partnered with an environmental science professor at North Carolina State University. As a PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology and B.S. in Biological Sciences, the partnership will result in a great learning experience for all, and a productive activity for our community.
With the help of this scientist mentor, the team plans things such as:
- Adopt a road in our community.
- Invent, design, build, and donate food waste composters to local groups and schools.
- Construct solar cell charging stations to give to other FIRST teams.
- Build with sustainable materials.
- Limit energy consumption when possible as well as finding alternate means of energy.
- Spread information throughout the community in how to limit environmental impact.
- Work with school cafeterias in order to reduce food waste and separate recycling from garbage.